Call for applications: Goethe-Institut Fellowship
Haus der Kunst
at Haus der Kunst
Haus der Kunst
T +49 (0)89 21127-113
F +49 (0)89 21127-157
Goethe Institut and Haus der Kunst have recently announced a new postdoctoral fellowship program, the Goethe-Institut Fellowship at Haus der Kunst. The program will award each fellowship for one academic year beginning this fall 2012.
Haus der Kunst is a non-collecting public museum and a key global center for contemporary art located in Munich. It is dedicated to the exploration of the diverse histories of contemporary art based on a foundation of focused exhibitions, research, and education. The museum’s aim is to establish research as an integral cornerstone of its vision, and to develop a context for scholarship that allows for the interplay of art, culture, politics, and society in the way modern and contemporary art are understood on a global level. The Goethe-Institut Fellowship is an important building block towards this aim.
Supported by the Goethe-Institut, the Goethe-Institut Fellowship at Haus der Kunst is designed for international emerging scholars whose research focuses on global perspectives on modern and contemporary art in the second half of the 20th century and 21st century.
The inaugural fellowship shall concentrate on the research for a comprehensive exhibition project on the global art-historical developments of the postwar era. It will be the first of a trilogy whose second and third chapters will be devoted to the periods of Post-colonialism and Post-communism. One of the main tasks is the research and organisation of a series of seminars, colloquia, an international symposium in preparation for the project.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completed doctorate degree in art history, museum studies or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of modern and contemporary art, with a global perspective and understanding on the art histories of 1945 onwards.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the field of research, education and/or exhibition practice at a research institute, university or art college.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential, a second non-native language desirable.
- An overall remuneration package of 25.000 Euro for the entire year. This includes any health care and tax payments.
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the successful candidate. However, Haus der Kunst will assist in finding a suitable accommodation.
- Haus der Kunst will support the fellow in organizing administrational paperwork such as limited residency, work permit, etc.
- Fellow will be provided with work area and full access to the infrastructure of Haus der Kunst and facilities in Munich.
Interested scholars are invited to send their application via email to Isabella Kredler at email@example.com. The application should be in English and include a curriculum vitae, bibliography, reference letters and a cover letter explaining the motivation for the application and indicating the earliest possible starting date.
For more information on Haus der Kunst please click here.